John B. Lawson, C.M., Q.C., B.A., LL.B., LL.D. (Hon.), D.S.Litt (Hon.), Associate Counsel, McCarthy Tétrault LLP and a member of the firm since 1951. Mr. Lawson is a past president and chair of the Board of the Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall and of the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir. He is also a past president of the Glenn Gould Foundation and the Sir Ernest MacMillan Memorial Foundation; director, the Ontario Cultural Attractions Fund; the Roy Thomson Hall Foundation; the Toronto Summer Music Festival and Academy, chair, Music Committee, The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto; former director, the Ontario Arts Foundation, Aldeburgh Connection Concert Society; the National Youth Orchestra of Canada, the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir Foundation, amongst others, and former Chair, University of Toronto, Faculty of Music Endowment Campaign. Member Toronto Club, University Club, Arts and Letters Club, Toronto Athletic Centre. Mr. Lawson received honorary doctorates from the University of Toronto in 2003 and Trinity College, University of Toronto in 2008, and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012. In 2014 Mr. Lawson was awarded the Order of Canada for “his transformative contributions as a volunteer in support of many of Toronto’s most important music ensembles and arts organizations”.